As a web user, preventing unwanted website app openings can significantly enhance online browsing experience.
Disable Instant Apps
1. Open your Android device’s Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Google.”
3. Tap on “Instant Apps” under the Services section.
4. Toggle off the “Enable Instant Apps” option.
This will prevent websites from opening as apps on your device. You can always enable Instant Apps again by following the same steps and toggling the option back on.
By disabling Instant Apps, you have greater control over which apps are installed on your device and can avoid any unwanted behavior or data usage.
Preventing website apps from opening on your device can help optimize your browsing experience. To do this, follow Method 1: Adjusting Browser Settings. First, open your preferred web browser, such as Google Chrome. Next, tap the three-dot menu icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
Scroll down and select Settings. Within the settings menu, locate and tap on Site settings. Then, select Pop-ups and redirects. Toggle the switch to block pop-ups and redirects from websites. This will prevent website apps from opening automatically, allowing you to navigate the web more efficiently.
If you want to prevent a website from automatically opening as an app on your Android device, follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome, your default web browser on Android.
2. Tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen to access the menu.
3. Select “Settings” from the menu.
4. Scroll down and tap on “Site settings.”
5. Under the “Permissions” section, tap on “Additional permissions.”
6. Tap on “Open by default” to view the list of supported actions.
7. Select “Open supported links” or “Don’t open supported links” based on your preference.
8. To customize the behavior for specific websites, tap on “Open in this app” and select “Don’t allow.”
By following these steps, you can manage how websites open on your Android device and prevent them from automatically launching as apps.
Note: Some websites may request permission to open as an app. You can choose to allow or deny this request based on your preference, ensuring a personalized browsing experience.
Remember, you have control over your device’s behavior and can optimize it to suit your needs and preferences.
For more information or assistance, visit our support page or contact our customer service team.
[Optional: With Microsoft’s commitment to user privacy and security, we strive to provide a seamless web browsing experience while respecting your data and maintaining anonymity.]
[Optional: This method is applicable to various Android devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S22, ensuring compatibility across different platforms.]
[Optional: Microsoft, a global leader in technology, offers a wide range of innovative applications and services to enhance your digital experience.]
[Optional: Icon used for illustrative purposes only. The actual interface may vary based on your device and software version.]
[Optional: Android 13 and Google Account integration allow for a personalized browsing experience, syncing preferences and data across devices.]
[Optional: Experience the power of Microsoft’s applications while browsing the web, with seamless integration and enhanced functionality.]
To prevent websites from automatically opening in apps on your device, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications”, depending on your device.
3. Look for the app associated with the website you want to prevent from opening. It might be the web browser app or a specific app related to the website.
4. Tap on the app to open its settings.
5. Look for the “Open by default” or “Open supported links” option.
6. Tap on this option to access the app’s link handling settings.
7. Select “Ask every time” or “Don’t open in this app” to prevent the website from automatically opening in the app.
Change Behavior of How Links Open
To change the behavior of how links open on your device, you can follow these simple steps. First, locate the “Settings” app on your device’s home screen and tap on it. Within the settings menu, scroll down and find the “Apps” or “Applications” option and tap on it. Next, locate the specific web browser or app you want to change the link behavior for and tap on it. Within the app settings, look for the “Open by default” or “Link handling” option and tap on it. Finally, choose the desired behavior for links, such as “Open in app” or “Ask every time.”
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on your device’s make and model.
To prevent a website from opening as an app, follow these steps on your Android device:
1. Open the website in your preferred browser.
2. Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
3. From the menu, select “Settings” or “Preferences”.
4. Look for an option like “Open webpages in app” or “Open links in app”.
5. Toggle the switch to disable this feature.
By turning off the setting to open webpages in an app, your browser will continue to load websites as regular pages instead of opening them in dedicated apps. This can help you maintain a consistent browsing experience and avoid unnecessary app launches.
Preventing website apps from opening on your device is simple with Method 2. First, open the settings menu on your device. Then, navigate to the “Apps” or “Applications” section. Look for the specific website app you want to prevent from opening and select it.
Next, locate the “Open by default” or “Default apps” option. Tap on it and choose “Clear defaults” or “Reset app preferences. ” This will remove the app’s default status, preventing it from automatically opening. Repeat these steps for any other website apps you want to block.
Enjoy a hassle-free browsing experience!
Reset App Preferences
Resetting app preferences can help prevent websites from automatically opening in certain apps on your Android device. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications” (may vary depending on your device).
3. Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Reset app preferences” from the menu.
5. A confirmation pop-up will appear, informing you that this action will reset app preferences to their default settings. Tap “Reset apps” to proceed.
By resetting app preferences, any customized preferences you have set for individual apps will be reset, including default app settings for actions like opening links or files. This can help prevent websites from automatically opening in specific apps.
Remember, resetting app preferences will not delete any of your app data or remove any apps from your device. It simply resets the preferences to their default settings.
If you’re facing issues with certain websites automatically opening in apps like YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, or others, resetting app preferences can be a useful troubleshooting step. It can also be beneficial if you want to regain control over which apps are used for certain actions on your device.
Note that the steps mentioned above may vary slightly depending on the Android version and device you’re using. However, the general process should be similar.
Keep in mind that resetting app preferences will not change your Google Account settings or any other system settings on your device. It only affects the preferences set for individual apps.
If you’re using a Samsung Galaxy device with the One UI, the steps may be slightly different. You can navigate to “Settings” > “Apps” > “Menu” > “Reset app preferences.”
Preventing websites from automatically opening in specific apps can enhance your browsing experience, providing you with more control and avoiding any unwanted redirects.
Chrome Still Opening Apps
If you’re experiencing the issue of Chrome opening apps automatically, follow these steps to prevent it:
First, open the Chrome browser on your device. Then, tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
In the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Site settings.” Next, select “Media and downloads.” Here, you’ll find an option called “Open supported links.” Tap on it to proceed.
You’ll see a list of apps that are set to open certain types of links. To prevent Chrome from automatically opening apps, toggle off the switch next to the respective app.
If you want to disable the feature entirely, toggle off the switch at the top of the screen labeled “Open supported links.”
These steps should help you prevent Chrome from opening apps when you visit websites. Enjoy a seamless browsing experience without any unwanted interruptions.
Don’t Allow Apps to Open Links
To prevent apps from automatically opening links, follow these simple steps:
1. Open your device’s “Settings” app.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications”.
3. Look for the app that you want to prevent from opening links and tap on it.
4. In the app settings, locate and tap on “Open by default” or “Set as default”.
5. Tap on “Open supported links” or a similar option.
6. Select “Don’t open in this app” or “Ask every time” to disable automatic link opening.
7. Repeat these steps for any other apps you want to adjust.
To prevent a website app from opening by default on your device, you can clear the defaults for that app. Here’s how:
1. Go to your device’s settings menu.
2. Look for the “Apps” or “Applications” option and tap on it.
3. Find the app that you want to clear the defaults for and tap on it.
4. Scroll down and look for the “Open by default” or “Set as default” option.
5. Tap on “Clear defaults” or “Clear defaults for this app”.
By clearing the defaults, you are removing the app’s status as the default option for certain actions, such as opening specific types of links. This will prompt your device to ask you which app you want to use the next time you perform that action.
Remember that these instructions may vary slightly depending on your device and Android version. If you’re unsure, you can refer to your device’s user manual or search for specific instructions online.
Open Supported Links Within the App
To prevent websites from opening in separate apps, follow these steps on your Android device. First, open the Settings app. Then, locate and select “Apps & notifications” or a similar option, depending on your device’s One UI. Next, select “Default apps” or “App settings” and tap on “Opening links. ” Finally, choose “Don’t open in this app” or “Ask every time” to ensure supported links open within the current app.
This way, you can stay focused on your browsing experience without interruptions.
1. To prevent a website from automatically opening as an app, follow these steps:
a. Open your preferred web browser on your device.
b. Go to the website you want to prevent from opening as an app.
c. Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
d. From the menu, select “Settings” or “Preferences.”
e. Look for an option related to opening websites as apps or custom tabs.
f. Disable this option to prevent the website from opening as an app.
2. This feature is commonly found in browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, among others. Refer to your specific browser’s settings for accurate instructions.
3. By preventing websites from opening as apps, you can maintain a focused browsing experience without interruptions.