Is your AirPods microphone not working? Here’s how to fix it in 2023.
Charging and Power Issues
If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the microphone itself. Check for any obstructions or damage to the microphone on your AirPods. If you can’t find any physical issues, you may need to contact Apple for further assistance.
It’s also important to consider the environment in which you are using your AirPods. If there is a lot of background noise, the microphone may not pick up your voice effectively. Try using your AirPods in a quieter environment to see if that resolves the issue.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
- Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe the microphone area of the AirPods.
- Avoid using any liquid or cleaning solutions to clean the microphone area.
- Inspect the microphone area for any debris or blockage and carefully remove it using a soft brush or compressed air.
- Regularly clean the charging case to prevent any dirt or debris from affecting the AirPods.
Device and Settings Configuration
To configure your AirPods device and settings, start by ensuring that your AirPods are connected to your device and the microphone is enabled. Go to your device’s settings and select “Bluetooth.” Find your AirPods in the list of connected devices and tap the “i” icon next to them.
Under the “Microphone” section, make sure that your AirPods are selected as the input device. If it’s already selected, try toggling the microphone off and on again.
If that doesn’t work, you can reset your AirPods by going to the Bluetooth settings and selecting “Forget This Device” next to your AirPods. Then, set them up again by placing them in the case, opening the lid, and holding the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
If the microphone still isn’t working, try updating your device’s software to the latest version. Check for updates in the settings and install any available updates.
Firmware Updates and Resets
|1. Ensure your AirPods are connected to your device.
2. Go to Settings > General > About on your device.
3. If an update is available for your AirPods, you will be prompted to install it.
|1. Place both AirPods in the charging case and close the lid.
2. Wait for at least 15 seconds, then open the lid.
3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes amber, then flashes white.
4. Reconnect your AirPods to your device and check if the microphone is working.